Some site features are currently under construction.
Let me know in the forums about any issues you may encounter.
Thoughts, note-worthy, announcements and news of sorts.
Thoughts, note-worthy, announcements and news of sorts.

Spam-bots

Spam-bots

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm
Hi everyone,

It's all still a bit stressful at my end, but I'd quickly like everybody to know that due to an extreme amount of 'apparently new bots', the usual forum protection isn't enough anymore. I've had to ban far to many accounts in the past week for it to be ignored. And although I'd like to immediately do something about it, the current work load I'm facing at home, makes it hard for me to free up some time for it right now.

I've therefore set registrations to: "Admin Activation", which basically means, anybody can still register but I have to activate their accounts personally. They will no longer receive an activation email.

If you know somebody that wants to register on the forums, for the time being, please sent me a PM with that person's username he/she registered with. I'll make sure the account gets activated!

I hope to soon be able to spend some time adding some security features to the site so bots won't get through the registration process that easily and we don't get spammed with unwanted/inapproriate messages.

Please all bare with me for a little while longer, I'm working hard to get things back to normal on my end!

_nGAGE™

Re: Spam-bots

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 pm
UPDATE
Regular user registration has been enabled again. Activation mails should be sent out automatically as usual.

To lower possibility of spam-bots getting through registration, I've added a fairly simple question for the user to answer. I'll change the question on a regular basis, till I mod a set of random questions.

Hope we'll be safe again for a while ;)

_nGAGE™

Return to nGAGE™

Forum Permissions