Some site features are currently under construction.
Let me know in the forums about any issues you may encounter.
[Imperial Hangout] Join the conversation and share your thoughts and opinions...
[Imperial Hangout] Join the conversation and share your thoughts and opinions...

Schedule some events...

Schedule some events...

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 pm
Hey all,

I think it might be useful if we try and figure out what times of the day are good for use to group up for some flashpoints (TFP & Hardmodes).

Let me know what times are best for you guys.

_nGAGE™

Re: Schedule some events...

PostAuthor: Dandune » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:11 am
OK time to start things moving. For info, when I talk about OP I mean 3.0 OPs.

For me basicly any day in the evening CET is ok unless some higher RL priorities happen.

Otherwise, we need to start organizing weekly guild OPs.
For starters, we can schedule 1 OP day per week, we dont even have to full clear any OP as long as we actually start doing them on weekly bases. People are already mostly in 192 comms gear so we already overgear SM modes a bit. What we are aiming for are set pieces for later HM modes and to get practice, to learn to work as group.
That is why I dont encourage use of TS so people learn to act based on screen information and start to anticipate eachother, aka we get some team synergy. However I dont have a problem with TS, but dont get used to it since any information through TS is actually a bit delayed info from what you see on the screen.

All-in-all, we need to start doing organized group content in guild, otherwise guild just becomes a glorified ingame chat room.
As I used to say in the past, for random stuff you dont need a guild, you just need a friendlist.

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:56 am
Operations

I agree with Dan that we need to start setting some days and times for guild/group activity and I'd love to start doing the 3.0 ops. I also think it would be nice if we could start grouping up our level 60s and just fill it up with some people from the fleet, just to get a feel for the Op, even if we don't get through it right away... BUT... I will not limit ourselves to 3.0 ops only.

Since there are only 2 new Ops, I think it's a bit limiting to just do those alone. There is no reason why we can't have additional team-building runs on DP/DF Hardmodes or even NiM. There is still enough exercise value in those and plenty of challenge in the 55 NiM ops.

That said, I do want to do the new Ops on one scheduled night a week, preferably with a progression approach, starting with Ravagers. And once we beat all bosses, move on to Temple of Sacrifice. Additionally I want a second night to be scheduled for a 55 hardmodes, eventually followed by nightmare modes.

The days I currently have in mind would be:
  • Sunday (19:00 GMT / 20:00 CET) - 3.0 Operations
  • Wednesday (19:00 GMT / 20:00 CET) - 55 Hardmode/Nightmare-mode Operations

These days/times are still open for discussion, but in my mind they make good sense and I'd like to keep them that way.

Group/Guild Activities

Additionally I'd like to suggest that we start dedicating some after-dinner time for guild/group activities, such as hard-mode flash-points or other random group activities. That's not to say that we shouldn't do the same during the day, but knowing that there should be people online at a certain time-frame might help getting things started.

Topic TeamSpeak

Although I disagree with your opinion on TS, I do see the point you're making. Sure, it's important to get used to onscreen messages as well, but being able to communicate responsibilities to others via voice or explain a mechanic or change in approach, is much easier done with voice communication. It also makes it much easier when there is need to adopt to a situation when something can be called out. All that is of great benefit, but it does not mean that Dan's point about learning visual queues and text messages is to be disregarded. Everyone needs to learn that as well.
Additionally, it's also more fun to be able to hang-out with guildies on teamspeak and point out (probably to me) that I didn't see the in-game chat :P

Over the next few days I'll rewrite this post and make something more official out of it, as well as some other topics. Thanks for expressing your concerns Dan. There may be things not everyone agrees with, but your opinion is highly valued and I promise you that I do take it to heart.

I'll catch you guys soon ;)

_nGAGE™

PostAuthor: Balou » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:55 am
You make both excellent points. But we cannot start at the end and work our way to the beginning.
First off, it's the holiday season so there is not that much time for gaming time (for me at least) Second, it's a cool thing to already make a schedule, and i'm not against it, but recruiting and getting people who are interested in Ops and progression ops has more a priority. No members no OP, Off course we can invite pugs to our team, but too many pug members has the downside that there is no continual team-connection.

Anyway, before all that, recruiting recruiting and recruiting :P

=Balou=

Return to Imperial Guild: Darkness Coming

Forum Permissions