Some site features are currently under construction.
Let me know in the forums about any issues you may encounter.
No matter how much you try, there will always be stuff worth talking about that don't fit other categories/forums.
No matter how much you try, there will always be stuff worth talking about that don't fit other categories/forums.

Loving my new ISP

Loving my new ISP

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm
They recently did some maintenance around here and I already loved my ISP... but this is truly awesome:

Just ordered some 300Mbit wireless receivers, as I think that my LAN-cable is the bottleneck for download here, considering that LAN ports on the router are limited to 100Mbit.

Re: Loving my new ISP

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:17 pm
So I tweaked my network a bit and now I have a 1Gbit connection to the router :)

That's pretty darn close to what they said I would get after work was completed. Free upgrade, as well. Nice :cool1:

PostAuthor: BulleN » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:44 pm
XD Wanna have this speed to.

PostAuthor: nGAGE™ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 am
Yeah, it's nice, for sure!

Sucks that I spent money on 2 WLAN adapters I'm now not using. They actually have lousy throughput. I was hoping to move my local-server to another room, which is too far for LAN.

With the WLAN, I expected half (and no less than a third) of the advertised 300Mbit giving me 100~150Mbit. However, the best download I was able to achieve at any settings was an extremely unstable 25-55Mbit. Thus,... waste of money :(

For now I'll have to be happy with LAN and some cables... which I don't really mind. Especially not with a stable 1Gbit LAN connection between PC and Server. Just too bad I can't move the server to the other room.

Return to Off-topic

Forum Permissions